Dennis Martin's Combatives Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dennis Martin's Combatives Community

Good mannered discussion on contemporary self protection

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ireland 2006

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alan Beckett
Admin
Alan Beckett

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-06-29

Ireland 2006 Empty
PostSubject: Ireland 2006   Ireland 2006 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2007, 13:03

From Den

dozen enthusiasts braved the storms to attend the latest series of seminars hosted by John Brawn, in Westport.
Firstly we presented our COMBATIVES-2 OFFENSIVE MINDSET PROGRAM. Then, on Sunday, we went through the CLOSE-CONTACT WEAPONS PROGRAM. As a bonus, we covered Performance under Intense Stress as well.

Ireland 2006 DenJohnB
[Den and John pictured at the launch of John's new DVD, which will be reviewed here soon]
More photos, and details later.
Meanwhile, many thanks to John and Collette for hosting the courses and for their terrific welcome. And thanks to all the guys and gals who attended.
Cheers,
Den

Here's big John discussing the use of the Maglite in security work...

Ireland 2006 MagliteJB
More later.
Den

The Offensive Mindset Program starts with a PowerPoint presentation on Mindset [including Colour Codes and OODA Loops], Fear Control, the Vital Pyramid as well as case studies.
Practical drills to install aggression, and to control/convert fear are then introduced.

IMG]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/DenCQB/MartinDaveAggressionbuildup.jpg[/IMG]

[Here Martin and Dave train in an aggression build-up drill.
Martin O'Malley is a kickboxing instructor, who used to work with John Brawn on the doors.
Dave Duffy is a internationally recognised fighter in karate, boxing and boxer and full-contact events, as well as a noted self-protection instructor]

The Close-contact Weapons Program also started with Aggression, via the “Tactical Brick” drills….

Ireland 2006 Rockstrikingdrill-1
[Here Dermot McGrath smashes the brick as John Brawn holds the pad. Dermot is one of Ireland's top MMA competitors/instructors]

More later
Den

From John Brawn

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for a great course at the weekend, I am getting a huge amount of positive feed back from the participants. These are a few of the things they said:

"Thank you Dennis for an awesome course, everything we did, we were
able to use under pressure straight away. There's nothing better than
that. Best Dermot McGrath"

"Thanks for everything it was very enjoyable and extremely useful.
Hope to do it again. Thanks" Danielle Eriksson

"Top Class - the best I've ever done, in 23 years of training, Thanks"
David Duffy

When you can confirm your availability for the the Spring Camp let me know and I will set set things up on this end, there seems to be a lot of interest already.

Best regards,

John

======================

Here's the group on the Sunday of the course:

Ireland 2006 Groupphoto-1
John brought some of his terrific collection of books to show to the guys. There were several texts on conditioning for wrestling, boxing and self-protection that I noted, as will be ordering for my own collection.

Ireland 2006 Recommendedbooks

Cheers,
Den

Ireland 2006
Page 1 of 1