Dennis Martin's Combatives Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dennis Martin's Combatives Community

Good mannered discussion on contemporary self protection

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from South Shields

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dennis_thompson

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Hello from South Shields Empty
PostSubject: Hello from South Shields   Hello from South Shields Icon_minitimeFri 05 Oct 2007, 22:27

Hi all,

Im Dennis Thompson,

some will know me from the BoCafe, Im in my thirties and only now getting interested in reality training/self defence.

Just started training with the SDF at Sunderland, not as much as id like to at moment.

Hope im welcome here since I cant contribute much but a willing student ready to listen to top advice,

cheers,

Den.
Back to top Go down
Alan Beckett
Admin
Alan Beckett

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Shields   Hello from South Shields Icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2007, 06:27

Hi Den

Nice to see you over here, you will find a great group of lads on this forum and a fantastic amounr of information about real training.

Alan
Back to top Go down
http://www.dunbarselfdefence.com
Dennis
Admin
Dennis

Number of posts : 9904
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Shields   Hello from South Shields Icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2007, 11:27

Welcome Dennis. Hope you find the discussion here interesting
Cheers,

Dennis Martin
----------------
DenCQB@Yahoo.co.uk
Back to top Go down
https://combatives.forumotion.com
dennis_thompson

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Shields   Hello from South Shields Icon_minitimeSat 06 Oct 2007, 20:02

Thanks Guys,

im sure I will just hope I dont bore you too much with my inane questions on self protection as im a newbie and have nowhere near the experience of you guys,

going to try and get on the seminar circuits, pick up some skills, but I find theres so much out there its hard to know which to attend to which not, but im whittling it down slowly,

cheers,

Den.
Back to top Go down
Nick Engelen

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2007-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Shields   Hello from South Shields Icon_minitimeSun 07 Oct 2007, 22:39

Hello Dennis,

How are you?

Coincidently we have been talking about you today during the session in Coventry.

I am sure you can contribute here and you are very welcome.

Kind Regards,

Nick Engelen
Back to top Go down
dennis_thompson

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Shields   Hello from South Shields Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2007, 00:44

all good things I hope nick?

Were you referring to Geoffs master training course thingymajig?

Thanks for the welcome anyways,

cheers,

Den.
Back to top Go down
thebristolbloke

thebristolbloke

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Welcome Aboard!   Hello from South Shields Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2007, 09:48

Good to see you here Den

All the best,

phil
Back to top Go down
dennis_thompson

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Shields   Hello from South Shields Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2007, 14:57

Cheers Phil,

I might well get to see you down Bristol yet if I can get myself organised and pop along to one of those FAST courses.

Mind if I get some training in with you please bear in mind im outa shape and a buggar to teach. I pick up techniques real slow lol, you need patience teaching me anything.

Cheers,

Den.
Back to top Go down
thebristolbloke

thebristolbloke

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Bristol Training   Hello from South Shields Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2007, 15:08

Den mate,

Any training we do will be slow paced and simple (mainly because that's what works), i'm not in too great shape either. Researching is my main thing these days and i've been on the beer and fags diet for a while - lol!

phil
Back to top Go down
Dennis
Admin
Dennis

Number of posts : 9904
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Shields   Hello from South Shields Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2007, 18:19

Dennis,
If you can make it down to Manchester, you will find that this course will give you the chance to try fighting the padded suit.
Cheers,

Dennis Martin
----------------
DenCQB@Yahoo.co.uk
Back to top Go down
https://combatives.forumotion.com
dennis_thompson

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Shields   Hello from South Shields Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2007, 18:43

Thanks for the tip off, so cheap as well,

I emailed for info and am going to do my level best to get down, anyone suggestions on train or plane better option, I will be travelling from Newcastle upon tyne.

Hope none of you guys minds potentially partnering with a novice (me).

Cheers,

Den.
Back to top Go down
Alan Beckett
Admin
Alan Beckett

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Shields   Hello from South Shields Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2007, 21:25

Den

There is a lot of work on the railway at the weekends right now, on the sunday in question you would have to reach York before 7.00am to have a chance of making it to the seminar, I would get in touch with Greg to find out if anyone is driving from your direction or seeing as it's not an expensive seminar go down on saturday and stay in a B&B, at least you would be turning up fresh in the morning.

Alan
Back to top Go down
http://www.dunbarselfdefence.com
dennis_thompson

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Shields   Hello from South Shields Icon_minitimeMon 08 Oct 2007, 21:36

Oh snap,

why do so many things pop up to hinder me just as im getting into this stuff?

Right thanks Alan I will mail him, by the way what is the start time I didnt get a mail back yet and Gregs gonna get sik of me mailin him for times directions etc.

Anyone here goin to the seminar can give me a lift from South Shields, Newcastle upon tyne, Sunderland, most appreciated and obviously I would pay my way, petrol etc.

I can see this bloody thing fallin apart on me!

grrrrr damn my lack of licence and car! Thats my next priority, sick of missing out now, ah well,

see what happens,

cheers,

Den.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Shields   Hello from South Shields Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from South Shields
Page 1 of 1