Dennis Martin's Combatives Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dennis Martin's Combatives Community

Good mannered discussion on contemporary self protection

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings from the Far reaches of the Pacific

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
guamcop

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Greetings from the Far reaches of the Pacific Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from the Far reaches of the Pacific   Greetings from the Far reaches of the Pacific Icon_minitimeMon 08 Dec 2008, 14:08

I wish to introduce myself to the group if it is permitted..

My name is Bill and I currently live on the island of Guam which is a US territory near the the Philippines and Japan.. I have been involved with the security and law enforcement field for close to 20 yrs currently.. I am also a defensive tactics instructor with rankings in the Filipino and Chinese arts of which I have been training in for close to 40 yrs.. Been actively teaching since 1975 while in the US military in which I retired in 1992 after 21 yrs...

I am currently researching the cqb programs of ww2 as my filipino instructors were guerrillas and filipino scouts during the second world war..

Thank you for letting me become part of this group..

Bill
Defensive Tactics Systems
Guam
Back to top Go down
Dennis
Admin
Dennis

Number of posts : 9907
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Far reaches of the Pacific   Greetings from the Far reaches of the Pacific Icon_minitimeMon 08 Dec 2008, 21:26

Welcome Bill. It's great how this forum is reaching far and near
All the best,

Dennis Martin
----------------
DenCQB@Yahoo.co.uk
Back to top Go down
https://combatives.forumotion.com
kilogulf59

kilogulf59

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Far reaches of the Pacific   Greetings from the Far reaches of the Pacific Icon_minitimeSat 13 Dec 2008, 19:30

Howdy Bill,

Welcome and you've found a great forum here my friend.

I have to ask being both an American and a history buff...how much is left of the WWII battle site on Guam and the rest of the Mariana Islands?

Bill, any information on the various WWII H2H programs and/or the Scouts would be exceedingly interesting. I certainly hope you'll share it with us.
Back to top Go down
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/iccf/
guamcop

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Far reaches of the Pacific   Greetings from the Far reaches of the Pacific Icon_minitimeSat 13 Dec 2008, 20:31

There are a lot of ww2 sites still around on island.. Since the island is pretty much all one big military reservation, we have several areas where there are still unexploded ordinance along with weapons still in the jungle.. In one of the areas where I patrol, it is the site of Tweed's cave. Tweed was the US Navy sailor which acted as a coastal watch after he had escaped from the invasion of the Japanese.. We also have a couple of ship wrecks in our major waterway which are resting on top of one of another.. One is a German ship from ww1 and the other one is from ww2. It is an unique wreck site as they rest right on top of another.. We also have several dive sites where the remants of a Japanese zero is visited regularly by recreational divers.. The inner part of the island and some of the areas where I patrol are sites of the Japanese massacre of the indigineous people and prisoner of war camps... We also from time to time recover live ordinance when the construction companies dig up bombs and artillery shells.. I have responded to a couple of calls near one of our communication sites where construction workers have uncovered live handgrenades with the pin still in the fuse along with anti aircraft artillery rounds... The location where I live currently is one of the major sites for the last battles of the island and we have a Japanese war memorial about 3 blocks from my house.. The areas where the United states landed in their retaking of the island is now a federal park and still has the pillbox dugouts in the coral cliff line.. On the Navy base on the south end of the island, we have a historical trail that shows various Japanese military facilities which are accessible...

kilogulf59 wrote:
Howdy Bill,

Welcome and you've found a great forum here my friend.

I have to ask being both an American and a history buff...how much is left of the WWII battle site on Guam and the rest of the Mariana Islands?

Bill, any information on the various WWII H2H programs and/or the Scouts would be exceedingly interesting. I certainly hope you'll share it with us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from the Far reaches of the Pacific   Greetings from the Far reaches of the Pacific Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the Far reaches of the Pacific
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dennis Martin's Combatives Community :: General forums :: Introductions-
Jump to: