Dennis Martin's Combatives Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dennis Martin's Combatives Community

Good mannered discussion on contemporary self protection

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR

Go down 
+16
Alan Beckett
To
Shackleton
MichaelB
poissonbracket
DenisMc
simon porter
Daniel Rennocks
Slackbladder
Simonds
Giles
Chris S
MancPete
Dave McC
Sijkd1
Dennis
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dennis
Admin
Dennis

Number of posts : 9907
Registration date : 2007-06-27

8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Empty
PostSubject: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 17:14

Just got home from the first day, and wanted to open this thread and thank all involved. A great day's learning.
I'll be posting more later, but am just about to get ready for the PTS in Chinatown
Cheers,

Dennis Martin
----------------
DenCQB@Yahoo.co.uk
Back to top Go down
https://combatives.forumotion.com
Dennis
Admin
Dennis

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 23:09

The Seminar teeshirt design....

8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Teeshirtfinalupdateversion2010-1

...and the actual shirt after some hard drills....

8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Teeshirt

Dennis Martin
----------------
DenCQB@Yahoo.co.uk

Last edited by Dennis on Mon 06 Sep 2010, 09:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dennis
Admin
Dennis

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 09:27

Just a quick outline of the program, before we go on to discuss it, and add photos....
PROGRAM
Saturday
Judo techniques by Sensei Alf Hopkins assisted by Si Squires
Kit update, Den
Intense striking drills; Dave McCutcheon and Denis McGee
Concepts, principles and exercises for Functional movement; Paddy Phillips and “Shackleton”
Sunday
[Started with three Powerpoint presentations:}
“Principles of Combatives”, Den
“Lessons from Scenario Training”, Si Squires
“Nutrition for Combatives Training”, Ian Davies
Then hands-on sessions:
“Multiple Assailant Fend/Attack Drills”, Tony Da Costa
“Get off the X” Dave McCutcheon and Denis McGee
“Counters to Standing/Ground grappling situations”, Si Squires
“Scenario Training” Si Squires and Pete Wilson

Dennis Martin
----------------
DenCQB@Yahoo.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Sijkd1
Instructor
Sijkd1

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 15:09

Big thanks to all who participated, it was great to see a wide variety of subjects covered and people lapping the information up.

It was an honour to train with, talk to and be around such a committed bunch of people. The room was choc full of talent in from all over Europe and yet, not one ounce of ego in there ! Amazing.

Many thanks to all who participated, all the instructors (special thanks to Alf, my sensei for helping out) and as always, a big thanks to Dennis for inspiring us all and providing the vehicle for all to train and grow in.

Thanks !!!

Si
(Just necking as much water as I can tolerate and keeping the quality carbs coming in ....... as I fel the tiredness !).

Back to top Go down
Dave McC
Instructor
Dave McC

Number of posts : 1158
Registration date : 2007-07-20

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 17:28

Really enjoyed my self guys.
Some of you are brutes.
Loads of information.
Ian I will be in touch.
Thanks Den.

Dave McC
Back to top Go down
MancPete
Instructor
MancPete

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 17:39

Thanks to Den for putting on such a great event and the Instructors for such valuable content. So much to take in from start to finish, but will definately be making use of loads of the material.

Thanks to all the guys who attended who make it such a good event to be at every year.

I must also say thanks to Si for inventing some particulary evil exercises prior to the scenario drill, I am sure everyone who participated will thank you also!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Chris S
Instructor

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 17:52

Thanks to everyone for another great weekend! All the presentations were informative and enjoyable, generating a fair bit of chat between Dave, Adam and me on the return to London today.

Si and Pete did another awesome job in the suit, I've put a hat on so I can take it off to both of you. Plus the "surprise" of the drill, was, well, quite surprising!

The "Commando crawl, because I f***ing love it" from Si still has me laughing!

All round, it was an excellent two days with a bunch of the best folk around. I consider it a privilege to be able to attend.

But no more tabata runs, please!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Giles
Instructor

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 18:23

Hi all,

Thanks to all for a great day on Sunday, although I'm gutted to have missed the Saturday. IMO the best, and most plan/thought disrupting, start to a scenario I've done for a while. And especially thanks to Dave McC for the running tip. I think I'm going to hear, "GILES! MOVE THOSE FUCKING ARMS!" in my sleep now.

Giles
Back to top Go down
Simonds
Instructor

Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 19:32

Brilliant weekend , thanks Den.

Thanks to all the Instructors for the excellent presentations, a lot of new ideas and concepts to work with.

It's always a pleasure to meet up with such a great bunch of guys who inspire me to keep learning and training and the level of fitness was awesome, especially Dave McC and Giles.

Thanks to Si and Pete for the scenario ( I think!!!!)

Cheers

Steven

Back to top Go down
Slackbladder
Instructor
Slackbladder

Number of posts : 681
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 20:15

A most curious mixture (probably a Pareto ratio) of knowledge and punitive drills, courtesy of this years' superb instructor cadre. The humbling experience of watching DaveMc run backwards faster than I can sprint forwards will stay with me for posterity, as will the schadenfreude-drenched spectacle of watching Si beast the guys as they entered the suit scenario.

My heartiest thanks to the gentlemen who made it possible and my fellow victims who endured such cruelty with good humour and stout heart.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Rennocks

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 21:50

Guys looks like you had a fantastic time. sorry i was not there and so are the loughborough guys but things got in the way. love the t shirt den and the motto.
Take care all
Back to top Go down
simon porter
Instructor

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 22:29

I would like to add my thanks for another exellent training experience. Your effort and dedication are inspiring to be around. What can be said about your performances in the final senario? Well if they were made into films you would all have to be played by a young kirk douglas, epic. It is an honour to train with you guys. Si thank Alf for all those really great noises he got out of you; you sounded like a molested bagpipe.

Si

ps. I didn't want to hurt you, they made me do it. Honest.

pps. You have to admit the "commando crawls" were fun.
Back to top Go down
DenisMc
Instructor

Number of posts : 228

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 22:35

Great weekend of training.

I came away with a lot more knowledge.

I was very impressed by the level of of fitness of everyone at the Seminar. It keeps getting higher.

Great bunch of lads.

Denis
Back to top Go down
poissonbracket
Instructor
poissonbracket

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeTue 07 Sep 2010, 10:03

Yet another great weekend. This time I have my mind taken off the aches by having the notes to sort out. So much stuff to reflect on and organise.

Thanks to Den for setting it up, the instructors for the knowledge and drills and to all the participants for an atmosphere where full-on effort and committment is the norm. I've been to lots of training events over the years but nothing has ever come close to combatives. Even my disappoinment at the end contained a valuable lesson ( one I will learn this time).

Thanks again

Mark
Back to top Go down
MichaelB

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-09-03

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeTue 07 Sep 2010, 16:43

First off would like to thank den for organising such a good event. Also a big thankyou to all the instructors for integrating such awesome content into the seminar... So much to take away from it. Then last off I would like to say 'no thanks' to any
more tabata sprints.. Ever.

- Michael
Back to top Go down
Shackleton
Instructor
Shackleton

Number of posts : 970

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 08:07

Quote :
"The only way to train is like a bastard"

You will learn young Padawan.
Back to top Go down
Dennis
Admin
Dennis

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 10:23

Si and Sensei Alf....
8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR SiandAlf-1

Den with Ola and Ronny from Norway...
8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Ola-Den-Ronny

Dennis Martin
----------------
DenCQB@Yahoo.co.uk
Back to top Go down
To
Instructor

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeWed 08 Sep 2010, 17:48

Thanks to Den for arranging another great experience. Gutted I missed Saturday with Alf and not getting a chance to catch up with Paddy and Shackleton, but Sunday made up for my disappointment. Si & Pete, every year you somehow seem to raise the bar, and every year I am more appreciative of the level of dedication and skill you put into running these scenarios, as well as impressive physical effort. Thanks to Dave and Dennis for their tough drills, but Dave - you can keep that tag running!
As for fighting like Kirk Douglas... in my case I think it was more like Kirk off Coronation Street.
Back to top Go down
Dennis
Admin
Dennis

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeThu 09 Sep 2010, 12:36

Some more pics...
8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Alfarmbar

8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR SiDenAlf

Thanks to Ian from the Gutterfighters for thse, more of his will be posted later.

Dennis Martin
----------------
DenCQB@Yahoo.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Dennis
Admin
Dennis

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 10:48

Si during Judo warm ups....

8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Sijumping

Dennis Martin
----------------
DenCQB@Yahoo.co.uk
Back to top Go down
Alan Beckett
Admin
Alan Beckett

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-06-29

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2010, 16:48

Fantastic photo, that is the best Yoda impersonation that I have ever seen.

Alan
Back to top Go down
http://www.dunbarselfdefence.com
Dennis
Admin
Dennis

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 19:36

8th IINTERNATIONAL COMBATIVES SEMINAR
by
Nick Engelen

Holding the focus mitts I looked on feeling sorry for the participant because of what the instructor, Si Porter, put him through. Push ups, reverse crunches, bastards and a whole set of other exercises... this following an exhausting outdoor sprinting session led by Dave McCutcheon The participant’s face showed a mix of exhaustion and determination, and the worst had yet to come. Yep this year’s attendants of the international got a nice surprise waiting for them during the scenario drill concluding the seminar.

8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR SiPorterbeastingbastards
[Adam shows superb form doing "bastards" during the pre-fight beasting]

The seminar was held in the Prescot Leisure centre in Prescot Merseyside on 4 and 5 September 2010. I had travelled to Liverpool the day before. As I was still recovering from a surgery for appendicitis I took my time moving with the luggage through the terminals towards the train station. After one changeover I arrived at Rainhill train station where after I entered the Chinese takeaway to ask if they could call a taxi for me. At the counter were two young girls. Their first response to my request was if I was having food. I replied no to which they told me about a taxi stand nearby. I inquired about where exactly the taxi stand was and suddenly one of the girls changed her mind and phoned a taxi for me. I am still grateful. Arriving at the hotel I paid the driver and decided to walk through the pub to see if anyone I knew was in. Seeing nobody I knew in the drinking area I moved on to the reception. After checking in and dropping my bags in my room I went back in to the pub to have a meal. Coming in through another door into the restaurant area I saw some familiar faces; Chris and Dave and a new face, one of their friends from London. Soon after that Ola from Sweden came in with a friend of his and a while later Slackbladder popped up. I had booked a table and Slacky and I had a nice conversation over a meal. After the meal and a nice ice-cream we joined the others in the bar to have some drinks where we were joined by Denis and Dave from Scotland. Lots of stories were shared and we had some fun together over a couple of drinks before going to bed.
Next morning after breakfast I joined the guys for a walk to a local shop for buying some lunch and water. I thought the shop was closer but if we had taken our training bags with us we would have been halfway. After returning to the hotel we travelled to the Prescot Leisure centre.

Inside the venue there was an air of excitement. I was happy to see a lot of familiar faces, friends I hadn’t seen for a long time and some new faces. One instructor, Shackleton, got my attention... he was wearing a strange kind of shoes making him look like a hobbit. A bit later Den and Simon Squires came in together with a friendly looking man who was introduced to me as Alf Hopkins. After saying hello to all my friends and catching up during chats the admin was done.

After everyone had paid, the course started.

Den started an introduction explaining that the first international was very much oriented towards the anaerobic training and the various strikes but as these days we all were training in this way the international of this year would be information based. As many of today’s opponents are into MMA and grappling there is a need for us to have a decent knowledge in this field.

JUDO
After this introduction Simon Squires introduced us to his judo instructor Alf.

8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR SenseiAlf-1
[Sensei Alf Hopkins]

Simon explained that Alf started judo in 1943 and got his dan grade in 1951 - the year Kimura fought Helio Gracie. He was trained by Alf Billings and has trained with Koizumi, Abe and Otani...

Fairbairn started studying Jiujutsu and judo after waking up in hospital and seeing an advert by a local bonesetter and jiujutsu instructor. It’s not sure how much Fairbairn was influenced by studying judo and jiujutsu when he developed his system. As the importance of grappling skills for the streets increases Simon invited Alf to fine-tune our grappling skills. After this introduction Simon took us through a warm-up.

With everyone a bit sweaty and breathing heavily, Alf introduced us to the concept of kuzushi or unbalancing.
8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Alfcorrectingtechnique
[Kuzushi concept training

Alf explained that posture is very important and that for throwing an opponent you must first break his posture. Alf showed us various ways of breaking our partners postures, first standing with wrist grabs, thereafter during groundwork using the same principles. He did this by positioning and using the entire body.
8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Alfarmbar
[Alf shows an Armbar on Si]

It was great to see a master like Alf at work, how comfortable he is on the floor even when on his back where most fighters hate to be and the feeling and timing he showed during his entire game would motivate everyone to pick up judo again and train hard in this system. Some of the techniques that Sensei showed had resemblance with aikido techniques. I was quite happy as this showed my traditional training was also useful in this arena.

INTENSITY
Next Dave McCutcheon and Denis McGee from Scotland took us through various drills involving hitting the pads to practice the various strikes and combinations. The theme was rapid combinations, and intensity.

8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR DenisandDaveteachingpaddrill-1
[Denis and Dave explain a drill]

8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR AdamonpadswithChris
[Adam on pads with Chris]

After this tiring workout Den discussed kit, showing a couple of items that were new since last year. We then got handed over to Shackleton, well known on this forum for his very detailed posts, and Paddy Phillips, who is an Osteopath, specializing in sports injuries. Shackleton spoke about barefoot running and how it forces us to run correctly sparing our joints. Now I knew what the hobbit feet or ‘Vibram fivefingers classic’ shoes are for. I as well as some others I spoke to afterwards decided to give it a go.
8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Shackletondemo-1
[Shackleton demonstrates one of the Critical ten exercises]

8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Paddy
[Paddy Phillips]

FUNCTIONAL TRAINING
After this Paddy and Shackleton did a module on correct physiology. Shackleton explained that the point of fitness training is to get everything working the way it’s supposed to. He said we should practise what we want to be good at, this also means we want to be good at doing things the correct way and making sure everything functions correctly.
8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR DaveWarriorposition
[Dave working on a position]

To illustrate this Paddy asked a volunteer to stack two empty coke cans. I walked up there and after a look I saw the cans were bent, making it impossible to stack them so I first corrected them. Seems although I did the right thing they didn’t expect me to first correct the cans. So the point Paddy wanted to bring across was that we should first correct the dysfunction. To do this 10 exercises were developed named the “critical ten”. Shackleton took us through all these exercises, some easy to do, others quite hard.

8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR ShackBlackburns
[Shackleton demonstrates the "Blackburns"]

This module finished our first day and after a quick change at the hotel we went to Chinatown for a meal. The food was delicious the conversations informative and funny, we had a great time where after we went back to the hotel. Shackleton was so kind to drive us back to the hotel. One of us had to go into the boot and my merciless training partners decided it had to be me despite me still recovering from my surgery. After one more beer in the hotel pub while watching a boxing match on the TV we all went to bed.

Next day after a good English breakfast we moved to Prescott Leisure centre for day two.

DAY TWO
This day kicked off with a presentation by Den about the essential concepts and principles of CQB. Den explained that during a physical confrontation we had to utilize Speed, Aggression and Surprise. After explaining these concepts in the CQB context we had a look at Fairbairn’s concepts and the CQB concepts.

8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Dencopy
[Den]

LESSONS FROM THE SUIT
After this we got an outstanding presentation by Simon Squires about how he started the padded assailant stuff and how it developed over the years. We were shown many pictures and video clips in which we could recognise some of us.
8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Sisuit
[Si in the latest evolution of the suit]

COMBATIVE NUTRITION
Next came a very informative presentation by Iain Davies who teaches Nutrition in the University. The presentation was about specific nutrition for combatives. During this presentation Iain explained topics like metabolism, power, hydration and intuitive eating as well as how and what we should eat for an event like the international. I hope the English breakfast is still ok.
8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Ianhydration
[Ian practicing what he preaches; plenty of hydration]

After these presentations it was time to get physical again and we were taken through a warm-up by Steve Callaghan, an instructor who trains with Si and Den

THROWING THE SWITCH
From here Tony Da Costa from the Gutterfighters took us through various drills starting with a simple fend drill and ending with a drill facing multiple opponents.
8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR TonyHammerfist
[Tony demontrates with Steve]

8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Crowddrill-1
[A group working on the crowd drill]

GET OFF THE ‘X’
Coincidently this connected very well with the next module, ‘Getting of the X’ by Denis and Dave from Scotland. Denis explained that when an opponent attacks moving of the X means that the opponent has to re-orientate. This action broke his OODA loop and bought you some time.
8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Davekneestrikemontage
[Superb sequence of Dave showing a kneestrike application on Si]

I think it was in way of the dragon that Bruce lee said that the art of self-defence is about not being where the attack is. After this introduction Dave took us through various drills against multiple opponents ending in the by Sykes devised drill known as the SOE drill. This module reminded me of training at the BCA’s residential course where I was training with a guy who had been a boxer. Every time I attacked he moved forward with his cover. This forced me to correct and made attacking effectively very hard forcing me on the back foot.
8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Crowddrill-2
[The lads go through the SOE Drill]

STREET REALITY
After this Simon Squires took us through a module about some tactics and strategies for prevailing against the suit. Various techniques were shown about defeating the guillotine and defence from the floor as well as what to do when the opponent was on the floor and defending himself with his feet.

8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR SteveworkingwithDaveonground
[Steve C and Dave during ground fighting training drills]

SCENARIO DRILL
This all led into the final scenario drill.
8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Siporterbeasting-1
[Slacky goes through the pre-fight phys]

8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR ScenarioSlackyfaceoff
[The adrenaline builds up]

8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR ScenarioSlackytrip
[A surprise fall to break his OODA Loop]

8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR ScenarioSlacky-2
[The ground fight is on]

As I couldn’t do it I volunteered for helping out as a pad-man. Seeing the set up of the scenario I was glad that I wasn’t doing the drill. Soon the first “victim” came in, to experience a beasting under the relentless Si Porter I felt sorry especially as I knew what was going to come. One by one they came in and I saw some great performances of the guys. Instructors, assailants and attendants did a very good job.

8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR SiPorterbeastingcrawls
"Commando crawls.....because I love 'em!"]

8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR ScenarioOlaonground
[Ola on the ground]

8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR ScenarioOlastamping
[Ola has fought to his feet, and is finishing the fight]

After all attendants went through the drill we all formed a circle to do some positive self talk under guidance of Den. This concluded the 8th International, some of us had to leave saying goodbye to us while the rest went for a Chinese meal in the Chinese restaurant Chung Ku in town. The food was delicious, the tea was great and the waitresses looked gorgeous.

Next morning I went to the restaurant and enjoyed a chat over breakfast with the Norwegians Ola and his friend, Dave, Chris and their friend from London and Slacky. After packing and checking out Slacky and I made our way to the train station for catching a train to Liverpool city centre to meet Den for a coffee. At the station Slacky and I had some nice chat about the seminar and various other subjects like his adventures during his first travels to Liverpool. When Den arrived we went into a second hand bookshop where they had lots of true gems. I ever saw a book titled ‘the barefoot soldier’ which reminded me of Shackleton. After Slacky and Den bought we moved to a local shopping centre to meet Tommy McNally. There we drank coffee while Tommy and Den told us stories about wrestlers and boxers over some coffee till it was time for me to catch a train to the airport.

Jealous of Slacky’s travel adventures I managed to miss the train and having to take a later one I arrived quite late at the airport. On the way in two days before I had to rest every 200 metres because of the heavy luggage, now I had to race trough the various terminals and connecting skywalks to terminal 3. Getting there completely out of breath the checking desk was closed and the Brussels airlines desk was nobody there. I waited there for a while as maybe they went to the toilet but after asking I was told to walk over to the British airways desk. Arriving there I was told to go back as there was someone there now. So I walked while carrying my luggage that was becoming heavy by now all the way back. Arriving there I saw a young good looking lady sitting behind the desk. Out of breath I explained to her what had happened and she checked for another flight. It turned out I would have to wait till next day for the next flight. She checked for the cheapest one and gave me a good price. Not being as adventurous as Slacky the thought of spending a night in an airport terminal didn’t seem very appealing and I wasn’t sure about how the Tom Hanks character in the movie ‘Terminal managed’ so I inquired about hotels. She kindly helped me out with advice about hotels. In between I contacted my family who were going to collect me at the airport and informed them about what happened. After that I walked to the hotel in which I hoped most of the stewardesses were staying. Turned out I picked the wrong hotel for that but the food and beer were great. Next morning I made sure I was early at the airport and after going through security I nipped into the bookshop. While looking through the nonfiction sections I came across Den’s book. After that I had a nice breakfast and a coffee where after I went on my flight home.

The End

By

Nick Engelen
----------------
Photos by
Ian Davies
Dennis Martin
Steve Callaghan
Si Squires

Dennis Martin
----------------
DenCQB@Yahoo.co.uk

Last edited by Dennis on Tue 14 Sep 2010, 11:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thebristolbloke

thebristolbloke

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2007-07-17

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 22:09

Fantastic review!!

I have to ask who else was in the Shackleton motor though?!?!

phil

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 04:32

Nice review Nick!
Seems like everyone had a good time and trained great!

Best regards,

Rod
Back to top Go down
Dave McC
Instructor
Dave McC

Number of posts : 1158

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitimeTue 14 Sep 2010, 10:08

Well done Nick great review.

D McC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR   8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8th International Combatives Seminr: AAR
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next