Dennis Martin's Combatives Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dennis Martin's Combatives Community

Good mannered discussion on contemporary self protection

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bob Kasper RIP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan Beckett
Admin
Alan Beckett

Number of posts : 480
Registration date : 2007-06-29

Bob Kasper RIP Empty
PostSubject: Bob Kasper RIP   Bob Kasper RIP Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2007, 11:06

From Den

It is my very sad task to report that Bob Kasper has died. Paul Child has been keeping us updated on Bob's condition, and he just informed us that Bob passed away, at home on Friday night/Sat morning.
Bob was a major figure in WW-2 Combatives. Through his GHCA organization he collected a group of hard-training enthusiasts. He worked with Kelly McCann on various projects, including the training of US Military Tier-one personnel.
Bob also worked as operations manager for security companies supplying protection teams in high-threat areas, including head-of-state protection.
I trained with Bob when he presented a course in England for CODA. Peter Robbins and Paul Child very kindly invited me along, and I really learned a lot about WW-2 Combatives from Bob.

Bob Kasper RIP KasperDennis1-1
I found Bob Kasper to be a real gentleman, and the community needs more of them. His passing in a real tragedy.
My thoughts are with his family.
Den

===============================

From Mika

Mr Kaspers writings in early knife magazines and later tactical knives, was one of the leads I followed many years ago.

Thanks to the beacon he provided I found my goal and the path of my destiny.

Thank you sir.

I will always regret that I never met him since I would have wanted to thank him in person.

My condolonces to his family and friends.

================================

From Guy Fawkes

I'm very sorry to hear. I had heard he was ill for a while.

I remember speaking to Kasper regarding an article I was working on several years back.

I can't really think of anything meaningful to add.

======================================

From Serge

It is very sad to ear that this fighter didn't make it this time. May his soul rest in peace. My sincere condolences to the family and close friends.

Serge.

============================

From Den

Quote :

Quote:
Mr Kaspers writings in early knife magazines and later tactical knives, was one of the leads I followed many years ago.
Like Mika I read Bob's regular column, and feature articles in Tactical Knives. I still have them, and refer to them regularly. Bob was working on a book about his Kni-com [knife combatives] system. Let's hope it eventually get's published.
Den

===============================================

From Lobo103

RIP. Like a lot of others I really took away alot from his writing and his work with Kelly McCann. His presence will be missed.

================================

From Roza

I am really, really sorry to hear that Bob Kaspar is no longer with us. I never had the chance to meet him, but I have read several articles writen by Kaspar. He was a legend while he lived, and he is still a legend.

RIP

===================================

From Lee Morrison

I sincerely regret not getting the chance to meet Mr Kasper, but I too have felt his influence via his work. May he rest in peace.

==============================

thebristolbloke

Just come back from sick leave and found this.

I only got to meet him the once but it was memorable to say the least. Den gave me a lot of his articles and I loved reading what he'd written. A real wealth of knowledge, in fact it was Bob who first taught me how to Chin-Jab.

RIP mate

phil

============================

Streetgrunt

Bob Kasper was my friend, mentor, teammate and teacher. I was privileged to know the man and I’m a better person for it. The paper printed this obituary which I would like to share with you.

Obituary
Robert C. Kasper October 6, 2006

Robert C. Kasper, 55, of Clarks Summit, died Friday at home after a lengthy battle with brain cancer. He is survived by his wife of 31 years, Pat.
Born in Peckville, son of Charles Kasper and the late Irene Wyszinski Kasper, he was a former officer in the Marine Corps Military Police and was an Army Reserves cavalry scout. He was the founder and director of the Gung Ho Chuan Association, Kni-Com knife-fighting system, teaching military, Department of Defense, government and corpor- ate personnel in high-risk environments, as well as air marshals, police and sheriff departments, national and international. He had black belts in several martial arts disciplines and was the founder/chief instructor of personal combative tactics. He was a writer and columnist for several magazines, including “Gung Ho,” “Fighting Knives” and “Tactical Knives.” He was also editor of the combative skills journal “Snapping In.” He was a combative knife expert, a designer of 11 combat knives, and a subject matter expert in establishing knife training for the Marine Corps Close Combat Curriculum. He was also the First Regent of the American Society of Arwologists. As a believer in Christ, he attended Heritage Baptist Church, Clarks Summit. Before going home to the Lord, he was the recruiting manager for Blackwater Security and was previously program manager for Dyncorp International.
His warm, friendly smile, generous nature and loving heart will be deeply missed by all who loved him. He fought a good fight; he has finished his course; and he kept the faith.
Also surviving are a sister, Phyllis Leonard, Florida; as well as many beloved family members.
Arrangements by the Lawrence E. Young Funeral Home, Clarks Summit.
©The Times-Tribune 2006

===========================================

From Peter

I am truly saddened by this. Bob will live on through us all.

RIP

Pete

============================================

From Den

Lads,
The March 2007 edition of Tactical Knives Magazine has an obituary article about Bob, who for several years wrote their Street Smarts column.
Den
Streetgrunt

Streetgrunt

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-07-28

Bob Kasper RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bob Kasper RIP   Bob Kasper RIP Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2007, 03:41

Oct. 6th marked the year anniversary of Robert Kasper's death. I miss my friend , teacher and mentor.

GBFFGB
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghca.org/index1.html
Dennis
Admin
Dennis

Number of posts : 9904
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Bob Kasper RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bob Kasper RIP   Bob Kasper RIP Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct 2007, 11:05

Time really flies, I didn't realise it was a year since Bob passed away.
Our thoughts are with his family, friends and all the GHCA guys who have lost a true inspiration.

Dennis Martin
----------------
DenCQB@Yahoo.co.uk
Back to top Go down
https://combatives.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Bob Kasper RIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bob Kasper RIP   Bob Kasper RIP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bob Kasper RIP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum