Dennis Martin's Combatives Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dennis Martin's Combatives Community

Good mannered discussion on contemporary self protection

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

9th International Seminar 2011 AAR

Go down 
+16
Chris S
Nick Engelen
simon porter
Rob [Gutterfighters]
JimC
Dave McC
Sijkd1
poissonbracket
DenisMc
Greg Hall
steve
MancPete
Ben
jimmyfatwing
Kears10
Dennis
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dennis
Admin
Dennis

Number of posts : 9909
Registration date : 2007-06-27

9th International Seminar 2011 AAR - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9th International Seminar 2011 AAR   9th International Seminar 2011 AAR - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2011, 22:11

One thing to mention was the change of venue. Although we had many happy memories of Prescot, everyone remarked on how much better the Mushin venue was. For a start, the ventilation is much better, so it didn't seem like we weren't breathing through a damp towel, which is what Prescot was like.

Dennis Martin
----------------
DenCQB@Yahoo.co.uk
Back to top Go down
https://combatives.forumotion.com
Rod

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: 9th International Seminar 2011 AAR   9th International Seminar 2011 AAR - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 03:24

Great reviews and great pictures!

I really should try to make it once!

Take care,

Rod
Back to top Go down
Dennis
Admin
Dennis

Number of posts : 9909
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: 9th International Seminar 2011 AAR   9th International Seminar 2011 AAR - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 10:30

We'd love to have you over here Rod, why not try to make it next year for the Tenth Annual; it's going to be very special.

Dennis Martin
----------------
DenCQB@Yahoo.co.uk
Back to top Go down
https://combatives.forumotion.com
Chris S
Instructor

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: 9th International Seminar 2011 AAR   9th International Seminar 2011 AAR - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2011, 10:48

Dennis wrote:
One thing to mention was the change of venue. Although we had many happy memories of Prescot, everyone remarked on how much better the Mushin venue was. For a start, the ventilation is much better, so it didn't seem like we weren't breathing through a damp towel, which is what Prescot was like.

I had assumed that the sensation of almost being waterboarded on the Sunday was part of the deliberate effect! I almost missed it this year, but somehow got over it...
Back to top Go down
Rod

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: 9th International Seminar 2011 AAR   9th International Seminar 2011 AAR - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 04:15

Dennis wrote:
We'd love to have you over here Rod, why not try to make it next year for the Tenth Annual; it's going to be very special.
Why not? I should have a lighter agenda in 2012...
Back to top Go down
Shackleton
Instructor
Shackleton

Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2007-07-20

PostSubject: Re: 9th International Seminar 2011 AAR   9th International Seminar 2011 AAR - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Sep 2011, 04:15

Hiya Fella's,

Apologies for the late post but my keyboard time is extremely limited these days.

What an outstanding event the 9th international was and what a privilege it was to train alongside and present to the guys who were present. I was unfortunately only able to attend the Sunday but I was in for a real treat with Si, Pete & Den up to their usual impeccable standards and it was also the first time I have had the pleasure of watching and learning from Greg Hall instruct. Greg's experience and instructional technique are superb and coupled with Si & Pete's grappling work his clinch and counter clinch material covered what is a gaping whole in my armoury.

The final scenario with the suit did not fail to deliver and still carries its ultimate validation of relevance with the pre drill anxiety and in drill adrenaline once again hitting the heights that are so rarely experienced outside of a real street encounter. Its incredible that the quality of these guys just continues to increase.

Another first for me was having the luck and benefit of having Denis Mc as a training partner for a significant part of the day. As happens so often at Den's events the knowledge and benefit of the guys you train with dovetails perfectly with that of the presenters.

Great to meet back up with some of the old faces again, training with the likes of Dave McC, Brian and Slacky, to name but a few, was its usual top drawer experience.

Thanks to all who trained and presented. The bar is set very high indeed if the 10th is to be considered special alongside this one. What a quality event it was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 9th International Seminar 2011 AAR   9th International Seminar 2011 AAR - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

9th International Seminar 2011 AAR
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2