Dennis Martin's Combatives Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dennis Martin's Combatives Community

Good mannered discussion on contemporary self protection

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Larry Hartshell

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dennis
Admin
Dennis

Number of posts : 9911
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Larry Hartshell Empty
PostSubject: Larry Hartshell   Larry Hartshell Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2007, 18:19

I regret to announce the death of Larry Hartshell.
Larry Hartsell entered Bruce Lee's school as a man with a black belt in Judo and over 10 years of experience in grappling as well as a strong foundation in the striking arts that began in 1961 with his training in Kenpo Karate under Edmond Parker, Sr. Shortly after receiving his black belt rank from Parker. Hartsell spent time in the Army including combat in Vietnam, where he served with the elite military police. Hartsell, already an accomplished Judo man, Larry enjoyed sparring with soldiers from the elite South Korean ROK division stationed nearby. Upon his return to this country he enrolled in Bruce Lee's Chinatown school in Los Angeles. It was at this school that Hartsell began his thirty five years of training under Guro Dan Inosanto, which he continues to this day. Hartsell's training under Bruce Lee continued with Private instruction at Bruce Lee's home in Bel Air, California.
Larry Hartsell passed away on Monday, August 20, 2007.
Terry and I attended a weekend seminar he gave in England [he was accompanied by Rick Faye of Minneapolis]. We interviewed Larry for Fighting Arts Magazine, and he was a very knowledgable, yet humble man
RIP

Dennis Martin
----------------
DenCQB@Yahoo.co.uk
Back to top Go down
https://combatives.forumotion.com
Mika
VIP
Mika

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2007-07-20

Larry Hartshell Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larry Hartshell   Larry Hartshell Icon_minitimeWed 22 Aug 2007, 21:52

I attended one of his seminars, must have been late 80´s...

A very good and humble instructor, grappling back then was very out of vouge...and I loved that seminar.

Still have a book of his, that I look trough every now and then.

RIP

/Mika
Back to top Go down

Larry Hartshell
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dennis Martin's Combatives Community :: General forums :: Lest we forget-
Jump to: