Dennis Martin's Combatives Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dennis Martin's Combatives Community

Good mannered discussion on contemporary self protection

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remembering Kjetil

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dennis
Admin
Dennis

Number of posts : 9909
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Remembering Kjetil Empty
PostSubject: Remembering Kjetil   Remembering Kjetil Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct 2021, 19:53

I have just heard of the death of our friend Kjetil. I first met him when he attended our First International, and it was fascinating talking to him. At the post-training scoff in Chinatown I was seated between Kjetil and Mika, and was totally absorbed in hearing about their training backgrounds. Both are now in Valhalla.

Remembering Kjetil Den_mi10

Kjetil requested that we meet for a brew after the seminar, and he had many questions about Combatives. Despite his obvious skill [one of his Karate instructors was Dolph Lundgren] he was also an eager researcher. At the time he couldn't disclose it for security reasons, but later he revealed that he was an officer in the Norwegian Special Forces. This took him to train with Tier-one units in America and UK, as well as numerous operational deployments in Afghanistan.

Remembering Kjetil Noggy210

Kjetil, who we called "Mister K" on the Forum, returned several times as an Instructor on our seminars. He also sent a couple of guys from his unit to our Instructor Program.

Remembering Kjetil Kjetil10

Kjetil was a true warrior, a gentleman and a good friend. I will miss his messages and our chats.

Remembering Kjetil Kjetil11

My thoughts are with his family.

Dennis Martin
----------------
DenCQB@Yahoo.co.uk
Back to top Go down
https://combatives.forumotion.com
Dennis
Admin
Dennis

Number of posts : 9909
Registration date : 2007-06-27

Remembering Kjetil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembering Kjetil   Remembering Kjetil Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2021, 08:29

Marcus put this on his site....
Death Song For A Warrior: KV, 1965 – 2021

The 2006 International, Instructors group photo....

Remembering Kjetil Im000210

Dennis Martin
----------------
DenCQB@Yahoo.co.uk
Back to top Go down
https://combatives.forumotion.com
Alan Beckett
Admin
Alan Beckett

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-06-29

Remembering Kjetil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembering Kjetil   Remembering Kjetil Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan 2022, 15:03

I don't know how I missed this post.

I only met Kjetil once and that was at the 2nd international, I remember him demonstrating a low round house kick, Gavin was holding the bag and told me later that he thought his leg was going break, it was that powerful.

Speaking to Kjetil later he apologized for poor English which I had to tell him was actually very good, he was a very humble man, I'm sorry that he's no longer with us.

Dave McC and Simonds like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.dunbarselfdefence.com
Sponsored content

Remembering Kjetil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remembering Kjetil   Remembering Kjetil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remembering Kjetil
Page 1 of 1